Thursday, March 4, 2010

These shoes are made for walkin'


And that’s just what they’ll do Sun March 28th when I participate in the Hamilton’s Around the Bay 30K Road Race, the oldest of its kind in North America (yes even older than Boston – by 3 years).

What Flippy and I are asking is that if you wish to contribute to a worthy cause – St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation in Hamilton – you can sponsor me on my walk by clicking here.

There is no need to meet me at the finish line, believe me it’ll be a zoo. Last year I tried to meet my sister Candy there and exit 100 which merges onto Kings Hwy 403 and leads to York Blvd. was blocked! For those of you who don’t know, Hamilton, to anyone from the north side of Lake Ontario is what I imagine it’s like going to Australia – everything’s upside down and backwards. I ended up having a scenic tour of the beautiful city of Hamilton via its many one way streets.

Not only that, but if the odds work out, weather on race day most likely will be like it is Halloween night – cold, rainy and windy. I’ll be wearing my walking costume and instead of trick or treating I’ll be fundraising. So, let’s warm the cockles of our hearts and help the thermometer climb.

Flip and I and all those who will use the services of St. Joseph's thank you for your help and encouragement!


No comments:

Post a Comment