Thursday, March 25, 2010

Many hats

(Cartoon copyright Nance Thacker 1991)
click on image to enlarge

Eureka! I have no idea why this particular scan worked; I just know that it did. (SEE*)

My body's so tense right now from the agro that I can feel a cavern the size of the Grand Canyon forming between my eyebrows. Hopefully the satisfaction of finally having conquered this demon will wash over me and erode the furrows after I fall into bed and dreams of effortless future postings dance in my head.

This cartoon kept coming into my mind over the last few days, so I figured it needed to be put in the blog. As I reflected upon what was going on for me all those years ago I began to feel tremendous gratitude for finally having made my hobbies my profession. This cartoon shows what my situation was about 20 years ago. I was trying to find a "real" career (which meant trying to fit into something that I was not).

I soon gave that up and returned to what I love. What do they say? Do what you love and the money will come. Well, I don't know about that but I do know that satisfaction comes.

How amazing it is to be a "jack of all trades" in the healing field. This week I have been blessed to have people come to me for Shiatsu, Lomi, Hot Stone Relaxing Massage and Past Life Regression and I love it all. How grateful I am to have such wonderful teachers, mentors, peers and clients over the years. And, how fortunate I am to be able to keep on learning and honing my craft.

All the modalities that I do have finally blended in such a way that I can move from one to the other smoothly. I just have to remember which "hat" I'm wearing at the time.

*EDITED MAY 1/10 - I changed the layout and so I had to re-enter the cartoon. What worked in the old format doesn't work in the new one. So, what was once a problem is the solution. Brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment