Monday, March 7, 2011

Around the Bay

Hi all,

Flippy's back, asking you to help me raise funds for St Joseph's Healthcare Foundation in Hamilton. Once again I'm walking the 30K AROUND THE BAY road race. First started in 1894, it's the oldest one in North America.

I've made it easy for you. You'll make my steps lighter with your support. All you have to do is click on SPONSOR NANCE make your pledge and I'll be all fuelled up and ready to run...well, not run actually but, I'll be doing a blistering pace as I walk. Well...hopefully NOT a blistering pace! I already did that last year. How about a non-blistering pace which still is pretty darned exciting.

aftermath of blistering pace last year
The old shoes (pictured) are out; the "new" ones are in. Whether they'll be my Vibram 5 fingers shoes or other is yet to be decided as the weather out this way has been pretty cold and more of the same is expected on race day, March 27th.

Will these babies be the ones?
The aptly named CHILLY HALF marathon was run this past weekend. The runners went to bed after moderately mild, rainy day and woke up to a blanket of snow covering icy roads and the howl of blustery winds. By the time the race was on road crews had cleared and prepared a decent surface but the winds remained chilly indeed.

Anyway here we go again. My sister Candy will be walking too!

Now I just need to get out and get some mileage (kilometrige?) under my belt.

Wish me luck and happy feet!

 Check out Da Agony of Da Feet, the blog entry I posted after last year's walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment